Classes of hosting services
A hosting service involves saving and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a hosting company. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a gaze at them. In that way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you'd like to run a web site, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by various file storage providers, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between separate stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web site hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you desire to share an enormous amount of images with mates or colleagues since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to managing your e-mail aliases. Some distributors provide site hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you want to manage an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to possess as many videos as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email aliases, upload videos, etc. At Ecommerce Hosting Solutions, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content solely.